- If you are a coach and planning on having a team in 2014 please send an e-mail with the division you are playing in and your team name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers - we need additional Commissioner's and Board Members to help us continue to offer a great youth baseball experience. If you would like to get involved and have a baseball background please e-mail email@example.com. We really encourage Coach Pitch and Mustang parents to get involved early. Make a diference.
- Have a suggestion on how we can improve the experience for our players, coaches, parents, fans and umpires? Please e-mail your recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the website in the middle of December for an exciting announcement regarding the upcoming 2014 season.
- Team name - Club Spokane Cubs
- Division - 13U team playing 14U
- Coaches name - Dana Richardson
- Coaches e-mail address - email@example.com
- Coaches high school area residing - Shadle
- Additional info: We are looking to add 3 competitive players for our tournament and league team. We will hold a workout in January. If you are interested please e-mail Dana at the above e-mail address with your players experience.
Red Lion Sportsmanship Pin award - to be awarded by the opposing team to the player that most exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Abides by the rules of the game
- Plays fair and hard
- Follows the directions of the coach
- Shows respect for the other team and their effort
- Offers encouragement to teammates and is a leader
- Shows respect for the umpires judgment calls
- Ends the game smoothly - shows class in victory and defeat
- This award will be given out at home plate at the end of every game. The goal is to end every game in a positive fashion and to give a player an opportunity to be recognized for outstanding behavior.
- We recommend that your team appoint a group of 2-3 coaches/parents to look for the 7 sportsmanship qualities above.
- The coaches packet include 20 pins. 16 for league and 4 for the City Championship.
- At the end of the season the player from each team that receives the most pins will be invited to a special Pony Sportsmanship Recognition Night at a Spokane Indians game on June 27th. Players will receive two tickets to the game. All players will be recognized on the field before the game and one player will throw out the first pitch.
New for 2013 the league will be requiring all parents to sign a Parent Code of Conduct. Coaches will be required to carry the signed documents with them throughout the season. The Mustang and Bronco coaches will recieve a binder with copies when they pick up balls at the begining of April.
Any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE SPORTSMANSHIP CODE OF PONY BASEBALL
- Develop a strong, clean, healthy body, mind and soul.
- Develop a strong urge for sportsman-like conduct.
- Develop courage in defeat, tolerance and modesty in victory.
- Develop control over emotions and speech.
- Develop spirit of cooperation and team play.
- Develop into real, true CITIZENS.
U*District PT offers Spokane Pony Baseball players free injury screening. If you would like an opinion on an injury prior to seeing a Doctor, call the U-District to make an appointment first and they will offer advice on appropriate next steps. Their main location is at 730 N. Hamilton and their phone number is 458-7686.
Spokane Pony Baseball 800 N. Hamilton Suite 201 Spokane, WA 99202 509-321-1999